Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Improvement of Performance for HWY Speeds

Yeah like the combo and just having the option. Based on what I am hearing its a reality - I will be in the slow lane regardless of the overdrive, engine, gear ratio. So love every minute of it and remember I may not go fast but I can go anywhere.

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
    Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

I have been calculating it up. Here in Texas we drive like bats out of Hell. 75MPH on most HWY is the legal limit. That means 85 is the norm. So I am going to be that "guy" that everyone passes. So after one hour on the hwy at 60 I am 15 to 25 miles behind. I can live with that. It will just take some time to get used to it. I am more thrilled by the fact that I am going to be the only one on the road in a real Landy.

Honestly - there are not many of us here in the states. Sure you will see a NAS 90 from time to time - rare at best. I have only seen an NAS 110 once - he is a friend of the family who has his 110 up at his home in Crested Butte, CO. So I am figuring people will just slow down to get a look and then pass. This is going to be fun.

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
    Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

anybody know anyone willing to trade a V8/wiring harness/auto tranny for a 2.5NA/lt77 setup?
    67 angry hamsters

I have a 3.9 zf harness ecu etc out of a rr if interested.
    Last edited by EdH; 05-03-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Add and harness ecu etc

If you want to go fast, put a v8 in. You can have as much HP as you want, and 80mph all day becomes possible.
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

75mph cruise with a td aint gunna happen. Thats the upper end of where my tdi's have wanted to be. Once over about 62mph fuel economy drops of considerably. I'd get it in, live with it a while, and if you can't live with it consider changes.
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door