Thread: II or IIA Wing

Default II or IIA Wing

I recently aquired this partial unused wing from the UK at a very reasonable price. I was so excited to find it that I didn't pay attention to the lack of holes for the indicator lights on the front panel. I presume this to be a series II wing? I plan to use the wing on my IIa but hate the thought of ruining a near perfect series II wing by drilling anotherClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130420_134529_458.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	8107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130420_134616_003.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	8108 hole. I'd be willing to swap for a IIA wing in excellent condition if anyone is interested.

Wow. Just wow. Do not poke any more holes in those, they are too valuable. What you can do is use the Lucas L594 (beehive glass) dual bulb lamp assembly so that the single hole becomes both marker and turn signal. You can get them in clear or amber. If you use the clear lens, the you'll use an amber color dual filament bulb. Wiring is the same, just run the connector from the marker lamp to the turn signal connector.

They are getting harder to find, but you bought it to use. Drill the extra hole and use it. Who would you be saving it for? The next guy?

My thoughts are w/ O2...these things are almost worth there wieght in gold, I hate to poke a hole. Unfortunately I need the 2nd hole to match the RH wing so the dual lamp won't work for my situation. It's going to be quite some time before I need to install the wing so my thought is that there may be someone out there that could really use the single hole. As mentioned above I would consider a trade for a dual hole wing in excellent condition other wise I will be holding on to it. If by some miracle I find another wing some where I will put this one up for sale...if not, the hole saw will be applied.

Don't have an "old" rover, so I don't know...

...but wouldn't the second lamp, outboard of the factory hole in the OP photo, need to have the same flat boss formed into the aluminum like the single factory lamp location shown?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Ike sells the new stamped front part, buy a set from him, and drill the second hole in the one he sells.

the second hole does not have the boss, more like a bugeye headlight. I'd say drill/punch the hole and use it.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

When the time comes I will no doubt be drilling a hole. Until then the offer is out there if someone has interest.