Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Mounts & Heaters

Default Mirror Mounts & Heaters

It was suggested that I get an upper set of door hinges with mirror mount holes for my 1961 2A so I could move my wing mirrors to the door hinges. I think RN has only one for the left side listed and the picture doesn't show the mirror mount hole. At this point I was wondering if someone could send me a picture of one of these hinges since I'm not sure what they look like. I think it takes two different ones for the left and right side. If anyone has a used set to get rid of please let me know. Also I was wondering if a 1961 2A might have come without a heater. Mine shows no sign of ducts, hoses or holes for heater hoses. If it should have a heater what kind should it be. Thanks

Here is what my 1961 109 wagon looks like Attachment 8116

Have no idea how the picture got turned sideways!

If he is trying to use his wing mirrors I think he would need the hinge(s) with the horizontal hole adaptor cast into them.
    Or the type above with arms.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Those look like ser II hinges. The ser III with the mirror mount holes are different. Yes, you will need a left and right hinge. It's a nice upgrade as you stay with rover hinges and mirrors. Good luck.

The hinges I'm looking for have a flange cast onto one of the hinge arms. That flange has a hole through it for the mirror. What I remember is from a Rover I saw about 25 years ago so I'm not sure what I saw after this much time. I'm not sure what year the Rover was either. "1961 109 Wagon" thank you for the picture. Your set up almost looks like it uses standard hinges. Is there a plate or something behind the hinge that the mirror mounts to? Thanks to all for the feed back.

Sorry, I was thinking about the common upgrade to ser III / defender hinges and mirrors. There is a ser II hinge with a extra tab cast into the hinge for the mirror arm. Only thing I don't like about the ser II mirrors is the size, I find them just about useless. Having the nice big defender mirrors is real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CKubinec View Post
    The hinges I'm looking for have a flange cast onto one of the hinge arms. That flange has a hole through it for the mirror. What I remember is from a Rover I saw about 25 years ago so I'm not sure what I saw after this much time. I'm not sure what year the Rover was either. "1961 109 Wagon" thank you for the picture. Your set up almost looks like it uses standard hinges. Is there a plate or something behind the hinge that the mirror mounts to? Thanks to all for the feed back.
    I have the hinge you're referring to (I think) on the driver's side of my '63 SIIA. I don't have a photo that shows it clearly, but you can sort of see it in some pics that are are the link below my sig. I'll take a close up when I get home for you.

Here's my hinge-mirror mount:
    Name:  20130425_171009_resized.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  167.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew IIA View Post
    Here's my hinge-mirror mount:
    Name:  20130425_171009_resized.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  167.1 KB
    That's the stuff right there. I went looking for these a few years ago and found a guy on LR Exchange who had them for $60 a pop.
    '67 sIIa 88