Thread: fitting turbo on disco 200 TDI into Series IIA rover

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

Default fitting turbo on disco 200 TDI into Series IIA rover

well the 200 TDi is in but when I went to fit the 300 TDI manifold it will not fit....The steering linkage is in the way. The 200 Manifold is not even close so this is frustrating any sugestions or do I just make it a 200 DI? thanks
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

One thing I tried, but found I didn't have to after all....
    You rotate the turbo 180 on the 200 tdi manifold, so instead of the turbo pointing down, it points up. You will have to reclock the aluminum housing, and redrill the holes for the wastegate actuator. In addition the pipes will be reversed, like a 300.
    I know it is a pain in the neck, but there is an opportunity here to install power steering. That will get rid of the steering linkage mess.

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

I have a p38 steering box but the guy doing the work for me is so busy he can't put it in. I might just have him make it a DI for now and when I get the Rover home put on the Turbo and power steering. I have had the Rover in the shop for over 15 months.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)