Thread: My left door has a problem .... Houston.

Default My left door has a problem .... Houston.

My 77 Series III 109 has a left door problem. I tried to upload some detailed photos here and seemed to have not quite figured that out. My blog barrysjags.com has the detailed photos on the front page. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem inexpensively would be appreciated. This is my work truck not a project for complete restoration.

Pretty standard problem. Some people use larger rubber seals, others bend the two bolts at the bottom of the door top. Often it is a door alignment issue that causes the door top to be pushed out when the door is shut. That is where I'd start, adjusting the door. It can be moved forward/backward, up/down, and rotated counter/clockwise.

Not sure which problem you are pointing to here, but there's quite a bit of rust to clean off from under there. Typically British. That bottom rubber seems to be poking out a bit.

Fire some Fishoilene at it and forget about them till they fall off

That needs fixing, pronto. Get a new one, or an old one off a wreck.

Meh. Just looks as though it's been hit. Unless the rust is lifting it off.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Thanks Alan for the comments and your sense of humor. Personally, I just want to be able to close the door and least try to keep it dry inside. I guess the pictures did show up...

Under the picture of the floor and sill split you say "That needs fixing, pronto. Get a new one, or an old one off a wreck." which part would this be??

New to the series world and loving it....

That's why I suggested adjusting the door first. You often have to get it just right and a minor deviation sets it out. Be Zen about it.

There should be no visible gap between the door sill and the seat box.

By the way. The rust holes in your door tops are smaller than mine.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit