Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Correct wheel color for series???

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    I used DuPont Centari enamel on my wheels and have had no issues of any kind after 5+ years.

Question: With powder coated rims, how do you touch up the inevitable chips and dings? I know zilch about powder coating, as you can tell.

Ted
    Regarding chips, the only chips really are around the bolt holes and i figure there is nothing you can do about that. But my issue has been large areas of rust just coming through the general surface of the wheels.
    1968 Series IIA
    1962 Jaguar Mk 2

Default Color Code for Limestone

Limestone is the correct color for a 1965 SIIA, unless it was originally Bronze Green, in which case the wheels were also Bronze Green. I like limestone better for my Bronze Green 88, so I powder coated them that color. It's been on 5 or so years, including Michigan winters, and still looks great. I think it's all about preparation. If you'd like the color code I used, PM me.

A picture of my Land Rover can be found here:

http://forums.roversnorth.com/showth...-and-Seatbelts

Best,

Myron