Thread: Painting

Default Painting

So I am looking for some opinions...

My 109" pictured here has a non-original yellow/buttercup like color applied over what it seems is the original Bronze Green. Note that the BG is also evident on the roof, except the trop top, which is white.

Anyway - I am thinking of going back to Bronze Green with it, or another (limestone) I have the paint codes from LRFAQ but I can't find the white paint code for the roof? Anyone have that?

Also, just wanted to get opinions on the other option I was thinking of - go with Limestone and white roof? Limestone is a "cooler" color and does hide the blemishes, wrinkles and marks better. Note it does have tinted windows, so the contrast to Limestone would be nice. Also - I will be taking the capping back to bare galvy, the PO had it painted black. Also the checkerplate was painted black too. So there is a lot of "contrast" to the Limestone color choice that would look nice I think.

These are older pictures that show the color...it is all down to primer now - like the doors...with the rust patched...but I wanted to show the color it was before.

Note - I am going to be selling this soon, so don't want to "invest" a ton into it. And want to paint it a popular color so it sells at top $$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	8311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 16.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	8312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 15.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	8313  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	8314  
    1963 Series IIa 109" 5 door Safari top (SOLD to new home)
    1971 Series IIa 88" Soft top (SOLD to new home)
    1995 RRC - LWB
    2001 Discovery II SE7 (SOLD to new home)

88s were made to be Bronze Green, and 109 wagons were made to be Limestone. I'm also a fan of Arles blue/Limestone for a wagon, but Limestone is definitely #1 choice.

OK...reaffirming what I was thinking too Bill, thanks. Although I am partial to Marine Blue in an 88" over BG...gosh I do love that 1970 on ebay, but they want more than $19K for it!!!
    1963 Series IIa 109" 5 door Safari top (SOLD to new home)
    1971 Series IIa 88" Soft top (SOLD to new home)
    1995 RRC - LWB
    2001 Discovery II SE7 (SOLD to new home)