Thread: Starting my 61 109 for the first time

Default Starting my 61 109 for the first time

I want to start my 2.25 in my 109 SW for the first time since my restoration project. I'm not close to finishing the truck, but the engine is close. What are the bare minimum requirements to start the engine? I know spark, air, fuel, but what needs to be hooked up?
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

Quote Originally Posted by DGG View Post
    I want to start my 2.25 in my 109 SW for the first time since my restoration project. I'm not close to finishing the truck, but the engine is close. What are the bare minimum requirements to start the engine? I know spark, air, fuel, but what needs to be hooked up?
    Don't forget the oil! Sounds dumb but.....
    Hook up the battery, ground strap, ignition circuit, fuel lines and you should be good to turn it over. Don't run it too long without the coolant.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    Don't forget the oil! Sounds dumb but.....
    Hook up the battery, ground strap, ignition circuit, fuel lines and you should be good to turn it over. Don't run it too long without the coolant.
    What does the ignition circuit include? Ignition coil, starter etc...

Thanks for the reply
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE