Thread: S1 Lucas wiper motor burnt,, where can I send to rebuild?

Default S1 Lucas wiper motor burnt,, where can I send to rebuild?

I powered both my Lucas wiper motors today, probably for the first time in decades.. It had the original wire with the blue/green socket, and the all wire grounds to the winscreen..
    My passenger wiper motor works great,, the drivers wiper motor does not work, and smells like burnt copper.. Where can I send it to get rebuilt?

The only rebuilder I could find on google, is no longer taking orders, and backed up for months. Any one know of a good wiper motor rebuilder, that does not charge $400.00? please let me know.
    The good news is, both my Lucas semiphore/trafficators, rose and lit up.
    Tim
    1956 series One 86"

I wish I could help but I can't. Seek the counsel of Ike Goss of Pangolin 4x4. He's even in your neck of the woods, he deals in all things Land Rover and particularly is a resource for S1 stuff. HTH.
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Just look for an electrical motor repair shop in your area. I had my motors rebuilt, but cleaned the gearing and old grease out of the motors myself. cost me $50 i believe for both to be gone through with new brushes, lathing etc.

These places will usually be fixing vacuum motors, winches, starters etc. might want to add these keywords to your search.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.