Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A differenbt sere 2A clutch adjustment issue

Quote Originally Posted by Les Parker View Post
    Dave,

Good to talk with you today. Let me know how all this pans out, I've spoken with Inventory folks and we'll make the necessary changes.

Best,
    Hi Les,

Likewise. I put it back together last night and tested it by turning the parking brake drum by hand. With the old disk that I replaced when rebuilding the engine a few years ago it works fine. Now the clutch releases and stays released with the pedal all the way to the floor. Fortunately the old disk has plenty of lining. I cleaned it with some scotch brite, xylene, and light sandpaper and it should work great. Now have to finish putting the rest of the car together.......

Best, Dave

Yup it's a 2A. When the problem pops up again I'll experiment with the minimum amount of travel idea. Hate you had to pull the tranny so many times but glad you fixed the problem and even more excited you posted your findings. Thanks in advance for saving me a bunch of extra work when I go to change my clutch.....hope it's not anytime soon.
    pb