Thread: LR3 Electrical Problems

Exclamation LR3 Electrical Problems

I was just curious if anyone has run into electircal problems with their LR3's? If so, what are they, what DTC's are set, what are the symptoms, and what (if any) were your fixes?

I've heard a case of the cruise control turning itself off, but it turned out to be a faulty switch.

Default Discovery 3 LR3 Electrical

Re: the question you posted, I am a service manager for LR in the Caribbean and have had all kinds of electrical problems, mostly related to low battery voltage, then comunication fails between control units.

If you have a specific problem maybe I can give some sugestions, give me more details, like what simptoms the vehicle is giving and what messages are coming up on the information display in the instrument cluster.

Best Regards

our's wouldn't start and the msg board was scrolling through all the warnings. turned out to be a bad battery (it was only one year old). also the dash light dimmer switch was faulty and had to be replaced right after we took delivery.
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by scott
    our's wouldn't start and the msg board was scrolling through all the warnings. turned out to be a bad battery (it was only one year old). also the dash light dimmer switch was faulty and had to be replaced right after we took delivery.
    It's been a few months since I worked at LR, but batteries were becoming a real problem on the newer cars.

depending on the climate you live in there can be a numerous amount of electrical problems on the LR3. I live in illinois and we use salt to de ice the roads in the winter. that and rain water leaking in the a pillars can cause so many electrical problems in the wires running along the sides of the car, under the carpet. different electrical connectors under the hood and inside the car becoming corroded. the batteries going bad or blowing up and causing wire harness damage. it just depends on the climate really

Quote Originally Posted by galant344 View Post
    depending on the climate you live in there can be a numerous amount of electrical problems on the LR3. I live in illinois and we use salt to de ice the roads in the winter. that and rain water leaking in the a pillars can cause so many electrical problems in the wires running along the sides of the car, under the carpet. different electrical connectors under the hood and inside the car becoming corroded. the batteries going bad or blowing up and causing wire harness damage. it just depends on the climate really
    Also if your wife leaves the sunroof open during a rain storm and then there is the wife pours a soda in the console. Havoc is an understatement on both occasions.
    93 D110 NAS 327
    94 2x D90 NAS #'s 1076, 1181
    95 3x RRC 2-SWB, 1-LWB

I've not had any issues specific to wiring, but had the alternator was replaced, right after warranty expired of course, and the new battery that was needed due to bad alternator. Also have replaced twice in 120k miles the brake switch under the pedal due to arcing and the tripple code of death.
    Mike
    -----------
    66 IIA
    07 LR3
    13 RR Sport

I would like to resurrect this issue as I have now spent a small fortune on trying to fix it. I have a 2007 LR3 with 120k miles. Lately it has been giving me all kinds of various faults in the control pane and the doors locking and unlocking. It won't start sometimes unless i wait a few minutes. If it starts, and while driving, i get the "system shutting down" on the radio (navigation, radio turns off, cabin lights turn on, doors start to lock/unlock on their own, hazard lights stay on. I replaced the brake light switch, replaced air suspension (died) with coils, installed a new battery and cleaned all battery connections but problem persists. I have been told that it could be the instrument cluster but I am currently replacing the entire Ebrake system (needed to) hoping that just maybe it will miraculously fix the issue. I will let you know but am also very open to other possible remedies. Thanks