Thread: Disco I 12V Outlet Wiring

Default Disco I 12V Outlet Wiring

This is hopefully a simple question: I would like to add a couple more 12V outlets inside my 96Disco for running various chargers, hands free blue tooth, satellite radio, etc. Since the Disco only has one 12V that is keyed to the ignition switch, I figured I would add a second 12V for the back seat and a third for the front seat area while making one of these powered full-time (which is nice if you need to let your cell phone charge for a while with the car turned off). Can someone offer me a quick location where I can/should pull off the fuse block to power these additional outlets? Or should I pull directly from the battery? Thanks

What I've done in the past is run a 12g wire to the positive battery clamp, with an inline 20amp fuse block (found among trailer wiring parts at the local parts store). The ground can be made closer to the 12v plug on metal that shows it's grounded. This will give you full-time 12v to the plug. I never liked disturbing a Land Rover fusing system. I used one plug I installed to run one of those 12v electric coolers.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Thanks. That's what I figured I would do but just wanted to figure if there was a more streamline approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free