Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas not getting to carb?

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    I don't know where you get that Alan. It does start and run on ether so it's not electrical. The other thing one might check is the needle valve in the carb. It can get gummed in place especially after sitting for a long while with no gas. Float drops as the gas in the bowl evaporates, leaving the needle valve stuck closed.
    A weak spark will allow a vehicle to run with an increased octane (ether does that), but it will flood easily too, hence wet plugs. In fact, it might be as simple as burned or fouled plugs.

But I agree that the carb might also be an issue and that it may be an air leak. A quick check is to look down the throttle and see if fuel is squirting in. I am not so certain about an air leak. That tends to show different symptoms.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

TAKE THE LINE OFF THE CARB AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT GETTING FUEL UP THERE. WORK YOUR WAY BACK.....SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT MY GOD, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

....there....I feel better now.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Lol, I think I just pissed myself laughing Jason! Keep calm and have a beer! See you this weekend for a cold one!
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    Lol, I think I just pissed myself laughing Jason! Keep calm and have a beer! See you this weekend for a cold one!

You mean next weekend right??? Or am I slow on the uptake somewhere again?
    Jason

Disregard this post--Changed my mind and tried to delete it it as best I could...
    Last edited by SafeAirOne; 09-19-2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Attempted to delete it but users aren't authorized to delete their own posts here.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Yeah, I'm getting ahead of myself. I just want this week to be over!
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    TAKE THE LINE OFF THE CARB AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT GETTING FUEL UP THERE. WORK YOUR WAY BACK.....SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT MY GOD, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

....there....I feel better now.

lol

I had the same thing typed yesterday and decided to hit delete.
    1969 IIA - Tan
    1969 IIA - Blue

Good or bad I seem to forget where my delete key is these days. Nothing personal.
    Jason

THANKS

Having same issue as original post. Ran it out of gas and found their was no fuel to carb. Took line off going to fuel pump and gas gets to fuel pump. Cleaned bowl and then took top off of fuel pump. Really looks pretty clean and I didn't find any trash. Everything in fuel pump looks ok. Put it back together and still nothing. Did priming lever a bunch but it is not sucking anything into the sediment bowl.

Any ideas?