Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rock slider questions

I did copy the mounting positions from an older set of sliders that Ike had made for me. And as info., I did ask Ike, actually pleaded with him to build a set of sliders for this 109 because I just didn't have the time to do it, but he's just too busy with other parts of the business, so I think he's ok with my one-off plagiarism. I can also say that there's no way any money was being made on these things for what Ike was selling them for back in the day........they were a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by CMorris View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Zack.
    disco2hse.................the tires are available from Rovers North (Zack posted the link above). I just picked up my spare last week.
    Yes I know, but the cost of freight to here, well... they may as well be made of gold.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

I have built a home made set as well. They are very close to Ike's design.

I have banged the heck out of mine on rocks and such and they have been very valuable protection. With leaf springs - we just bang a lot more than those fancy boys and thier tall coiler toys.

Name:  finalweb.JPG
Views: 1145
Size:  36.9 KB
    Firemanshort
    1980 Stage One
    (Past owner of 1973 Series III - Highlander)

Firemanshort,

You've been the only one on 4 forums to admit to having used yours! Thanks for the info.

gene
    1960 "bitsa" 88--Ignotus
    1960 109, 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/