Thread: safari roof paint colors

Question safari roof paint colors

I have a new2me safari roof for my '69 88 SIIa - what color would this typically be painted? My "old" (isn't everything on a 44 year old vehicle "old"?) roof is Limestone (cream white) and the side panels are the same. The Safari roof is a more dirty white color (less cream) and I'm wondering if they typically used something other than Limestone?

Also - does the sun sheet get painted a different color from roof itself?

Thanks
    Mike

1969 Series IIa 88 2.25 petrol

Both white and Limestone are correct. My personal preference is Limestone, which goes well with all the body colors. White just looks, well, white.
    Yes I believe the sun sheet is painted the same color as the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    Both white and Limestone are correct. My personal preference is Limestone, which goes well with all the body colors. White just looks, well, white.
    Yes I believe the sun sheet is painted the same color as the roof.
    thx!
    Mike

1969 Series IIa 88 2.25 petrol

my 1969 has white top and shade, truck is red. Of course I'm not sure if the tops been repainted. . . I think i'm going to do my roof sides red and the top and shade limestone whenever I get around to repaint. .

Id love to see pics of these trucks on a showroom floor in the '60s'70.. Anyone got old dealership photos? Dealership stories?

~Steve
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

I don't know if this is factory correct, but here is mine in Limestone.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  103.8 KB