Thread: Flexible hose size

Default Flexible hose size

Are all the flexible hoses on my 61 109 station wagon the same size? The three brake hoses and the clutch hose.

Thanks
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

what type of hoses, fuel, brake, vacume?

I believe the clutch hose is shorter than the other three. The brake hoses may be similar in length, but the length of their threads on each side may differ due to mounting. According to the RN website, they all have different part numbers, so I would account for them all being different.

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager View Post
    I believe the clutch hose is shorter than the other three. The brake hoses may be similar in length, but the length of their threads on each side may differ due to mounting. According to the RN website, they all have different part numbers, so I would account for them all being different.

-Rob
    Thank you.
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

the threads should all be the same- 3/8-24. The lengths are different. Also, sometimes I have seen the clutch slave cylinder have a banjo fitting on the end instead of a hose that threads directly in. Wheel cylinders seal with a copper crush washer as does the clutch slave (in almost all cases). The connection at the metal hard line is a long threaded fitting with a mounting nut and seals with a flare type seal that is 45 degrees. Clutch and all brake hoses are like this-except for the exception I mentioned with the banjo fitting.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK