Thread: Chassis dimension question

Default Chassis dimension question

Sorry about another novice question. There will be more to come as I'm doing a frame off restoration of my 1961 109 station wagon. Is the length of a 109 regular, and 109 station wagon chassis the same? I got a great deal on a galvanized regular 109 chassis that I'm building my station wagon on. I plan on changing some brackets, and the rear gas tank crossmember to make it a station wagon chassis. Thank you.
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

Yes. You'll have no real issues using it. Salemrover recently converted his regular to a 5 door and can give you more detail as to what he had to change. It was nothing major IIRC.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Having gone the other way, I can say that lengthwise, they are the same but there are, of course, other differences, mostly body-mounting and tub-support related.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    Having gone the other way, I can say that lengthwise, they are the same but there are, of course, other differences, mostly body-mounting and tub-support related.
    That's what I'm working on now. I'm putting some body parts on to see where brackets need to be. As I was doing that, I test fit the right T-Piece with the rear tub on, and the T-Piece seemed too long. I noticed that the bulk-head is not reaching the frame to bulkhead bracket by about an 3/4 of an inch, and that is about how much I am off with the T-piece. I probably need to move the bulkhead forward on the right side by that much. Don't know how that happened.

I'm using a new T-piece that was sold as being for a 109 or a 110. Maybe the T-piece is a little long also. I want to get all the brackets right, and modify the fuel tank cross member before I start running brake lines, fuel lines, and electric.

First, I have to teach myself to MIG weld.
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

Perhaps one of these will be helpful to you:

1) From TeriAnn's site: http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/...awingLARGE.jpg

2) or, this diagram from the bible:

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

I have that diagram in my workshop manual and just noticed that it said 109 "models". Thanks. Lets hope the 110 is the same or my t- piece is not going to fit very easily.

166.9 inches
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE