Thread: Defender 110 - child car seat hard points?

Default Defender 110 - child car seat hard points?

Morning.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Defender 110 as a primary driver, and also for family travel (wife, baby, 3 dogs) but need to know if the second row seats have hard points to accept a child car seat. Anyone know? I like some of the recent listings for 1980's models, but I am pretty certain the old seat sets won't have them.

Any input is appreciated.
    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
    2003 Freelander

If you are looking for LATCH fittings the answer is a definite no. I have a 2001 TD5 SW and I have two kids seats in the middle row. Use the outer inertia seat belts to secure as per the instructions for your seat. The SW also has two hard points to allow you to clip the female buckles for the inertia belts to the floor. I added a small shackle to those and clip the long strp from the back of the kids seat to these. Its as secure as any other vehicle then.

Thanks for the feedback.
    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
    2003 Freelander

I purchased 4x part number RRC 8187 (which is for a Range rover). http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product...ET-CENTRE.html I added these to all the seatbelt anchor points in the second row. This allowed me the ability to use the latch system on the car seat, and I felt it was anchored much better than just using the seatbelts. I have pictures but cannot find them now.
    1973 NADA 88

Broadstone -

If you come across the pics, I'd be interested to see them. If the elusive new Defender finally comes back across the pond and resembles the touted concept, then I am going to be installing new hardpoints in an older (and better looking) model.
    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
    2003 Freelander