Thread: Thermostat on a early IIa (1963 Station Wagon)

Default Thermostat on a early IIa (1963 Station Wagon)

First time posting and looking for help. I just purchased a 1963 Series IIa 109 and completed replacing the damaged radiator. While I was at it I tried to replace the non functioning thermostat but found that the replacement from RN does not fit the upper housing. The thermostat is the bellows type with a nearly flat top (marked: AC TF1). RN no longer has these or the newer upper thermostat housing? Does anyone know where I can pick up either part?

There should be a few people around here who have a spare. If not you could try Ebay.uk.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Just in case it is like me -- double check the inner edge of the housing for corrosion. On mine it LOOKED LIKE IT WAS CLEAN, but actually there is a lip there that had an old seal in it and corrosion and after I had cleaned the thing, it looked nice and flat and even, but it was just corrosion.... The thermostat fit nicely after I figured this out.

What year did LR change the thermostat housing ???? If you have the newer housing, I don't have an answer for you. If you determine you have "older style" thermostat housing, which I have in mine you should be able to use NAPA 375-180 thermostat.

There is a thermostat for old housing !!!!! IT WORKS !!!

as an afterthought...... I'm thinking a 63 IIa would have the "newer housing" and host would have part...... kinda confused.....
    JHK
    2000 DII
    1959 88 SERIES II