Thread: 67 SIIA Canister or Spin-off conversion?

Default 67 SIIA Canister or Spin-off conversion?

Finally got my 67 SIIA 88 2.25 petrol up and running this summer and am now working through the electrical bugs. It appears I have some sort of US Stage modification which added the oil pressure gauge and light on a separate panel but neither seem to be working. Nor does the oil pressure light on the speedo. I changed out the Voltage Stabilizer and at least now have water temp working. There are two oil pressure switches on the canister head (one on a brass banjo and the other shooting straight out on the end both with green wires) both threaded at 3/8" - one tapered and one not, but no sender unit. Friend lent me his sender but it is 1/2" and I think I need some sort of adapter so I can install it. The other option I was hoping for some thoughts on is whether to just go ahead and convert to a spin-off with hopes that it has a 1/2" port and 3/8" port on it already.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Stock
    Stock
    1960 MGA Roadster
    1967 SIIA 88
    2006 RR Sport
    2013 RR Evoque

Unusual to have 2 oil pressure senders, unless one is a pressure sender and other a pressure switch. Or one is an oil temp sender.

Anyhow, you can adapt a whole bunch of different thread types, pitches and sizes using adapters from Holden in the UK:

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayprodu...Gauge+Fittings
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Your fitting sizes seem rather large. Pipe type thread is measured on the inside (the hole in it) not the outside. So, perhaps you have 1/4" pipe thread and 3/8" pipe thread? Just wondering.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

thanks for the link and thread info. I will go out to the barn to remeasure...I was measuring with a caliper on the threads for the pressure switches when I had them out. They could be different functions but I don't have an oil temp gauge. Heck I don't even know if the engine is the original but it does run smooth. I might be able to send a pic in this thread as well of the two of them (one has a US part stamp on it). thanks gents!
    Stock
    1960 MGA Roadster
    1967 SIIA 88
    2006 RR Sport
    2013 RR Evoque