Thread: Garage height

Default Garage height

Hey guys, I'm in the process of restoring my 88. Having said that once it's done I want to fit her in the garage. I am replacing my doors either way but if necessary I will get larger doors with larger opening. Unfortunately I don't know how tall my truck will be once complete. It will have RN parabolics on it, 32" tires and roof rack. My wife says ditch the roof rack to make sure it fits. Anyone here park there truck in a garage and what is the door height? Truck specs? Etc.
    Thank you as always!
    1996 Discovery SE7 5spd -SOLD
    1962 Series 2a 88"

Mine barely fit with your basic setup, tropical top, less the roof rack with a standard 7 foot door.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

The roof rack will kill you as far as getting it to fit. Roof racks come in all shapes and heights. it would help to know what type of rack you are looking to put on.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Series 3 109 Ex-MOD.

I've got RN springs and MOD shackles. My old garage at my old apartment was BARELY tall enough for it to fit in. And by barely, I mean I had to remove the little plastic foot thing at the bottom of the garage door to get enough room when I had my 34" TSLs installed.

Now I have like, a 9ft tall garage door. All is well.

Ditch the roof rack. Garage the 88.

88 with RM springs, 235/85-16 tires, standard hardtop fits a 7 foot door by about an inch.
    1976 Honda CB750F1
    1974 Honda CB360G
    1967 Series IIA

This is the truck before restoration. Only modification will be parabolics that should increase the ride height, but this is with 235/85/16s, some old DAP springs. Not sure what kind of rack it is, sits in the gutter rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1996 Discovery SE7 5spd -SOLD
    1962 Series 2a 88"

My 109 ExMoD, with 32" tires and Parabolics, sits about 83-inches at he hardtop ribs. My garage doors are 8ft. openings, with ~92-inch clearance. I have not yet installed my roof rack to check the actual clearance, but ~9-inches should be do-able.
    Tom P.
    1965 exMoD 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

You said you are replacing your garage door but didn't specify height. Unless you have go kart wheels under your truck a Series truck with hard top and roof rack is likely to be taller than a standard 7 foot garage opening. If you can raise the header above the door for an 8 foot opening I suggest doing it. Otherwise you need to loose the roof rack, stay with a stock tyre size and be careful about adding any suspension that adds height.

My Dormobile is about 7'4" and has to live outside in the snow because my garage will not allow me to lift the door header without first lifting the roof