Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Rebuild Advice 2.25L

Name:  20130811_155132.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  81.1 KBHi, i have a 1964 109 spent 800.00 ish on the head all new valve guides seats valves everything. put about 200 to 300 miles on it. Then pulled the 2.25 out got a chevy 2.5 i have twice the power now, go up hill and accelerate in high gear. engine about 250LBS lighter, get parts anywhere. i saved 500 bucks and made my own adapter. my 2.25 with rebuilt head is siting in the back of my dodge diesel.

??? My 109 is powered by a Mustang 302 with Mustang EFI, Airflow Research Aluminum heads & custom cam for low end torque & fuel economy. But so what?

He was asking about rebuilding a 2.25 engine. Since he wants to keep the original LR engine, lets respect his wishes and do what we can to help him meet his goals. Not everyone wants to upgrade their engine to something better. It is a lot more work than staying with the stock engine and your have to get the drive train right if you want reliability. Many people want a stock LR and I think we should respect their choices.

Are you offering to sell him your rebuilt head?
    Last edited by TeriAnn; 10-23-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling error

I was where he is. i realise and not everyone wants an engine swap. i have invested over 1,500 ish dollars into my 2.25L, head rings manifold carb starter. my point behind my earlier comment is before you start putting money into something like this make sure the end result is the product you need and are going to be happy with. myself my need was more power at a reasonable cost and it cost me 1,500 dollars to figure this out. I am not totally sad about this for i have enjoyed the learning curve and love working with old engines and stuff. I also have a 109 5 door given to me by a old retired landy buff it has a chevy 250-6 in it but he has a 88 with out an engine i am trying to kenive him into selling me and i am working on how to get as much HP out of my 2.25L as possible and as a secondary thought to run it on alternate fuel....but i guess that's another story....long story short make sure your putting money in what you want............sorry for running off at the keyboard.....