Thread: Cornflake strikes again!

Default Cornflake strikes again!

Nice truck. But to even consider asking for anything remotely close to his asking price it would have to be perfect. Dumb things like a rusty shifter, scratches on the instrument panel.. Everything should be PERFECT.

There are people out there with the $$, you just have to convince them to give it to you. The starting point in the whole salesmanship BS show would be a showroom perfect truck.

All he's gotta do is sell one a year and he's golden!

~Steve
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

I'm going to assume Cornflake is a Charles Kellogg joke??

Oh and nice username Griswald!
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    I'm going to assume Cornflake is a Charles Kellogg joke??

Oh and nice username Griswald!
    You are correct sir.

I try not to take myself too seriously-hence the username.

1971 IIa 88

Quote Originally Posted by Revtor View Post
    Nice truck. But to even consider asking for anything remotely close to his asking price it would have to be perfect. Dumb things like a rusty shifter, scratches on the instrument panel.. Everything should be PERFECT.

There are people out there with the $$, you just have to convince them to give it to you. The starting point in the whole salesmanship BS show would be a showroom perfect truck.
    Except he is not representing the truck as being a restoration. It is being represented as a very low mileage well kept original survivor that has had its original drive train gone through and any worn part replaced with factory original parts.

Charles buys discontinued genuine LR parts from retailers who want to clear the shelf space and has a large supply of NOS factory parts. He and I have had plenty of disagreements over the years but I have found that his company does excellent work.

I have personally crawled under some trucks his company has restored and offered for sale. The ones represented as completely restored appeared to be like new and factory perfect. New fixings, every part individually refinished to factory spec. Even complete tool rolls and new or like new owners and workshop manuals. He asks high prices but the hours spent on these tucks must be huge.

He and I have more than our share of differences and carefully avoid each other at meets. I would not purchase a part from his company except in person and after examining the part (of course he probably would not sell me the part in the first place). But the refurbished and restored work his shop offers for sale all appear to be first rate.