I have owned my 2006 LR3 for two years, and 20,000 miles. I love it. I take it off road regularly. It has every traction aid know to man except traction tires. I am looking for better tires but I can't find any.

I have only gotten stuck once, driving slowly into a frozen snow drift. It automatically went into the extened suspension mode when I got high centered. After a friend pulled me out the suspension was so high I could hardly climb in and out. Has anyone else had their LR3 go into the extended mode?

When I got it no one thought I would take such an expensive vehicle off road. My response was "Why would I buy the worlds best off road vehicle and not take it off road".

As far as reliability, I have had two blend door motors in the heating/AC fail. Other than this I have only had the occational warning light come on, only to reset itself.

Mine is an HSE with every factory option. I don't know how I ever lived without a navigation system. It is great for finding destinations while traveling. It also comes in handy close to home finding short cuts around construction etc.

I change my own oil, but I don't know how to reset the service indicator. The dealer told me it takes a dealer's computer to reset it. Does anyone know a way to reset the service indicator yourself?