Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	9846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToadwTag.jpg 
Views:	853 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	9847

more pictures at: https://picasaweb.google.com/1021905...eat=directlink

Classic Land Rover for sale. Originally a Swiss truck, this 109 is in excellent condition with straight body panels and a solid, repair free frame. A 109 ‘regular,’ in pastel green, it has 2 doors and a tail/lift gate in the back. Full length roof rack (made by a previous owner) on a removable hard top with sunshield. Fitted with the somewhat rare original Euro spec 2.6 liter 6 cylinder engine (most have the underpowered 2.25l 4 cylinder for a 109) for reasonable highway travel speeds. The vehicle has a remarkably low 82,xxx km (52,000mi) on the clock and is driven weekly.

This truck would be an excellent candidate for someone looking for a stock or easy to restore classic series, or as a fun and capable daily driver as I have done. I would not hesitate to drive this truck across country, it is driven regularly and well maintained. I have replaced anything on the truck that needed attention. This is a Classic Land Rover Series vehicle: it leaks oil out and water in, it isn’t fast and it doesn’t have airbags or crumple zones. The paint up front is newer and shiny, but has a patina on the sides. It is capable off road and a load of fun to drive. Simple and seductive and gets smiles and waves everywhere, and driving with the top and doortops off in the summer is amazing.

Mechanical:

Just completed a rebuild of transmission and slave cylinder in 2014. New 1st gear, layshaft and all bearings, gaskets and any items that showed wear. I've driven the truck a few weeks since completion and it is excellent.

Ashcroft High Ratio transfer case. This has higher ratio hi-gears for faster highway speeds, much like an overdrive, but retains the stock low end gears. A great combination with the 2.6 engine.

Bottom end of engine was rebuilt by Matt Browne at Overland Engineering in Eliot ME in 2010 to replace/repair crankshaft bearings and ways. He is available to vouch for the condition of the power plant and overall truck.

Rebuilt water pump, rebuilt starter, rebuilt carb, new exhaust manifold, rebuilt alternator, new Optima battery and a new Petronix electronic ignition in the past few years.

Previous Owner rebuilt the brake system, which is the strongest available for a series truck. New MC, wheel cylinders and turned drums.

Parabolic springs and Old Man Emu Shocks. All bushings replaced with Poly in 2012

Fairy locking hubs in front.

New complete custom exhaust and muffler in 2013.

Vacuum and Volt gauge added in 2011.

Engine oil and filter changed regularly regardless of miles and valves adjusted at suggested intervals which is required to keep a 2.6 running happily.

Interior and other:

-New Trakker high-back seats in 2013 for the drive and passenger. Still have the deluxe seats these replaced which are in great condition, and a brand new deluxe bottom seat spare. Center seat is in good condition.

-Stock bench seats along the bed sides for seating up to 8! I keep 2 sets installed, back cushions are good, seat cushions are good on 2, 2 have some minor holes.

-I currently have a Bestop folding seat mounted behind the bulkhead. I use this for car seats. I will include it if desired but since it is not stock it will be removed to avoid any liability issues.

-Brand new exmoor insulated floor matts.

-New but not installed door cards by exmoor.

-Simple LEDs installed for interior lighting, there was none originally- nothing fancy and easy to remove- no holes drilled.

-Wired in a USB port for charging an iPhone, discretely installed in center dash console in spare switch port.

-Roof never had headliner installed, so is clean painted metal. Earlier owner installed wooden battens for hanging storage when used as a camper which are still present but easily removed.

-2 inch hitch receiver installed in 2012. Highlift jack mounted to rear bumper.

-New door tops and rebuilt window tracks in 2010.

-Defender style mirrors on doors. Truck originally had fender mounted units but they were not present when I took ownership.

-PO installed new oem gas tank

-5 matching bias-ply tires with plenty of life

-New to truck windscreen frame with new laminated safety glass

-I've painted large areas of the frame, but this is an ongoing exercise. As I access areas for various projects I clean and paint the frame. It is repair free and in excellent condition.

Known Issues:

-The Deluxe Bonnet central support is rusted through in spots and either needs repair or replacement. The Swiss spec trucks had insulation in the bonnet and this captured moisture leading to this issue. I have a replacement frame/bonnet which is included, but it hasn’t really been a priority.

-There is some surface rust/pitting on the top side of the passenger swivel ball. I replaced the seal this summer and leaking has stopped. A new swivel ball and rebuild kit is included.

-On the top of the sun screen the paint is peeling and there is a dent over the driver side door where someone stepped. This could be straightened given attention.

-There are a few cracks in the dashboard vinyl. Can be easily recovered or replaced with an OEM unit.

-Driver footwell has a patch on one edge. It is very cleanly done, but is there.

-Previous Owners have put holes in the hard top sides, body sides and in plenty of other places. This includes the roof rack which is bolted onto the roof. There is no rust through or corrosion that I know of on any body panels.

-Doors are solid but I know there is some rust and patching under the paint on some channels.

Extras and spares:

- I have collected plenty of spare parts, seats, tailgate etc. that will go with the truck if the buyer desires.

I have done my best to thoroughly describe the truck. I bought this truck and a defender prior to seeing them and had surprises. I don't want anyone to experience this so I have listed everything and included many photographs in a gallery here. Please ask questions and if you want to see something not shown please ask and I will photograph. This is an incredibly clean truck and in very good condition, but is being sold as is. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Cutter; 08-11-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

Took a day trip down to Jamestown and Newport RI with my daughter, smooth cruising and the rebuilt transmission is breaking in nicely. Had a chance to stop in and grab a photo with some "younger" rovers at Specialty Vehicles...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamestown.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	9886

Getting interest locally so thought I'd bump online as well. Had a guy on 95 call me as he drove in the lane next to me, unfortunately talking on a phone and driving a series aren't really compatible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice truck. GLWS. Wish I could take it off of your hands.

Is it still available?

SOLD.