Thread: Benz Diesel 1995 Range Rover Classic

Default Benz Diesel 1995 Range Rover Classic

I have a Benz Om617 converted automatic transmission Beluga Black "Soft Dash SWB" Range Rover Classic for all of you Diesel folks out there. It uses the ZF22 transmission mated to a '83 Mercedes Benz 300SD engine. Through the use of a tach signal converter this truck runs it's original Range Rover Tachometer and looks stock as it should. The truck uses a Volvo electric fan setup with Volvo fan relay incorporation an automatic electric fan switch and a manual switch for personalized operation. This engine is mounted on Benz motor mounts and uses a Mercedes Benz Glow plug relay w/afterglow and has a built 120v block heater. The Benz engine has a mere 114K and the Rover has traveled 129K(miles). I added 1" lift blocks and heavy duty springs to the front to handle the weight of the engine and rear airbags from "Air Lift" to allow simple manipulation of the rear suspension for towing or off road capabilities/ I've used them for years with my coil sprung RRC. Presently there is no ac or cruise control hooked up and I will add pictures this evening.... or tomorrow. I just wanted to offer it to you guys before it makes it's way to craigslist/ebay.. $15,500 obo!

here's the pics I promised: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4579668319.html

feel free to contact me with any questions.

I added a couple pictures of the doors and fender wells to show that this rover is basically rust free. It appears it's always been garage kept. I also fixed all the door handles (tension rod adjustments) and cleaned the various switches so everything on this Rover actually works... you know what I'm talking about... at any rate thanks for the interest.

i have a '90 RRC... (original owner) w/hole in the 3.9 block... would be great to talk to you about your MBZ conversion.

feel free to PM me.