9-9-2014

Had my '67 Dormobile for about 17 years and it has been dormant for several years….I am considering renovating it to be a contender for highway, mild off road, 4 season camping. emphasis on Winter camping and pipe dream of chasing snow on the Powder Highway…

As is:

70's era Chevy Straight six <> rover non-synchro gearbox/T-case with fairey OD <> salisbury rear axle/Stock (I think) front axle. Drum brakes on all four corners with a vac. assist hydro boost thing, painless wiring harness….3 fuel tanks….interior wardrobe, kitchen, etc. currently removed….

Thinking:

- diff gearing change to slow drivetrain down at highway speeds, Axle change to facilitate this??, maybe power steering, maybe increased engine performance or engine swap, Diesel? Maybe more robust tranny (5 Spd lose OD? disc brakes? Propane/diesel furnace? Lots of questions….Just starting to brainstorm and formulate scope/budget/schedule/resources/vendors/etc….Most of the work would be farmed out….The rig is a "Bitsa" and I'm no purist so I'm not glued to british parts…..

Whaddaya think????

Rob M
Norwich, VT