Thread: **SOLD :(** 73 Series III 88" Project For Sale

Default **SOLD :(** 73 Series III 88" Project For Sale

1973 SIII 88" for sale

It's time to let my truck go onto someone who will love it and keep it on the road as I once did. It has been sitting in my garage for 7 years now without being used, so it's time to go.
    The good:
    Freshly rebuilt motor, I started it and ran it for 15 minutes 7 years ago and it has sat since then. Has new .060 pistons, fresh machined crank, all bearings, 2.5L cam grind, fully rebuilt head etc. (I spent $1500 in engine parts and $850 in machining)
    New clutch friction plate
    New starter
    Rebuilt transmission by BC Land Rover center in 2000, less than 5000 km on it since then
    GM alternator conversion
    Rancho RS5000 shocks
    Goodyear MT tires with plenty of life left in them
    Frame sandblasted, cold galvanized and polyamide epoxy coated in 1999 About 10,000 KM on it or so
    New rear crossmember, getting rusty but still in great shape
    PTO
    Wise Owl spin on oilfilter adaptor
    Non tapered rear axles
    Good headliner
    Deluxe bonnet
    All seat foam is in good shape the seat covers could use some work
    Two jump seats for the rear, not installed I used to have a bench as well but I'm not sure if I still do or not.
    Original Jack, including the rod and wooden lever, and crank rod.
    Comes with a haynes manual, the factory workshop manual, the original owners manual and a Military lightweight manual.

The bad:
    Front left wing is damaged, it got damaged while moving across the country, it was a very low speed roll into a tree without the front bumper installed.
    One of the tie rods is bent from the same incident
    It has sat for a long time and will need some hydraulic brake and clutch work and misc other things from sitting
    When I ran the engine it had a slight knock, but I didn't have time to troubleshoot it at all, it may just be a small issue.
    The crossmembers under the motor and transmission are beat up from offroading.

$3000 OBO Located in Montreal I have a clean title in my name
    Last edited by montrealjay; 11-21-2014 at 10:17 AM.

I'm going to post this on craigslist and a few other general sites tonight, but I'd way rather see this go to someone in the Land Rover family!

Here's a few pictures. They are screenshots off google maps. Luckily they still have photos up from a couple years ago when I rolled it out into the driveway. I'll post up a few of it in my garage tonight.

Here's a few more photos.

Very interesting headrest. Good luck with sale.
    '73 Series III 88 2.25l Petrol, '06 LR3, '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Helotes, Texas