The vehicle is a former British Army home market short wheel base Land Rover. Basically it was a civilian Rover that was painted green and used at bases in the UK and not meant for front line use. It was brought to Uganda by a British diplomat and then changed hands a few times before I bought it. I love her but I don't have a reason to keep her right now and all she is doing is sitting around.

After a few decades of hard use the original frame needed replacement, which is how I got it to where it is today. I purchased a galvanized frame for it and began the swap, during this time I developed a dreaded disease that cripples many projects like this: ship fitters disease. When it set in i went around trying to fix or upgrade every little thing I could think of on the truck. I will try to sum all the work I have done here: removed rot from bulkhead and POR15'd, truck bed liner used on bulkhead, sound deadening and vibration reducing matting added, new brake lines, new master cylinder, new turn signals, all previous wiring removed and fitted for a wiring harness, Defender seats with new foam and covers, seat heaters, waterproof seat covers.

The engine is a stock 2.25 gas engine that was rebuilt a few years ago, a 2.5 cam was added, Pierce manifold with Weber 32/36 carb, header, electric fan, 10si alternator (not stock but a huge upgrade).

I have 2 windshields, one for a hard top and one for a soft top, defender door tops (aluminum frames and not steel like the original so they don't rot), hoops for soft top (missing some small parts), swing away tire carrier, Ike Goss hitch, tufty security center console with radio, tufty speaker boxes/storage boxes. Tons of other little things too.

The winch is NOT included, but the mount is.

If your the kind of person who is good with a wrench and has time this would be good for you. I have several shop manuals to help with the reassembly and will be more than happy to assist you in getting it put back together.

Clear Ohio title in hand, not currently registered though.

Cash or cert bank check only. $4500 firm.

The picture is of what it looked like BEFORE i started the work on it. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE RIGHT NOW!

I have more pictures, email and I will send you a link to my photo bucket account. msggunny at yahoo . com

Not looking for trades, but ask. All I can say is no, or ask to add some $$$ to it.

More info :

It needs at a minimum a radiator and a steering relay if you want it to be left hand drive.

There is a set of defender seats, but they are completely disassembled, there is new foam and a good set of covers for the seat backs, new seat bottoms, waterproof covers, and seat heaters. I have enough frame bottoms to make 2 good sets, just need to disassemble one set to get the mounting brackets.

Wiring harness is a custom hot rod setup with a modern fuse block. I set it up to have a quick disconnect incase you have to take the seat box off to change the transfer case or transmission. The battery and fuse box are stored under the seat in a box. There are new turn and running lights. The headlights are Hella upgrades with the replaceable element.

The steering shaft assembly needs rebuilt, it is disassembled and all the parts are there. You can just reassemble it or buy a rebuild kit for new bearings.

There are 2 of the 3 hoops needed for a soft top as well as a wind shield set up for a soft top and another set up for a hard top. The hoops are from a Zimbabwean police truck and the middle hoop is missing as are the supports for the middle hoop.

The engine is partially disassembled, the intake and exhaust need to be reattached along with the alternator. The exhaust is a header and needs to have custom exhaust made for it or you can use what i had on there which is a magnaflow with pipe that exited under the driver side. I would suggest either getting the header modified or getting a new manifold. the one that comes with it sits low and can catch stuff on it when your off road. It has an electronic ignition that replaced the points made by petronics. The engine ran really well before I disassembled it.

The intake is a pierce model for a weber 32/26 DGV. It needs tuned or you can sell it and get a stock intake and a 1 barrel weber.

I have the front and rear driveshafts, but the splines on the front drive shaft are starting to wear out and it should be replaced eventually.

There are new brake lines and new master cylinder. There needs to be a bit of finishing up to get it connected properly.

There is a new clutch master-cylinder. The clutch and throw out bearing only have around 2K miles on them.

There is a swing away tire carrier that was made in Zimbabwe with it too.

Tuffy center console with a radio, Tuffy speaker/storage boxes that go in the load space.

Doors are original but the door tops are from a LR 90 and are aluminum framed vice steel framed like the series tops were. There are no door locks that work or that i have a key to.

Ignition may need to be fabricated or purchased. Right now i was going with a battery master switch, ignition on, and a momentary starter switch.

I started to replace some of the frame bushings for the springs, there are a couple new ones in the parts box.

The springs are good but need bushings, you can order them from Wise Owl/Rocky Mountain Rovers in Canada where the springs were made. Shocks are still good, they are Old Man Emu.

I have boxes of bolts and other various parts.

Located in Jacksonville, NC. It currently rolls and will include a tow bar if you want to flat tow it which I did last year from Texas to here. Link to pictures:
http://s167.photobucket.com/user/msg...t%20for%20sale