Thread: 1992 Classic SWB

Default 1992 Classic SWB

1992 Range Rover Classic. 147k miles. New engine las year, clean body and undercarriage.

Runs and drives well, very solid body. Fully rebuilt 4.0 out a Discovery installed last year. (Rebuilt by Nasco Machine in Saco, Maine. I have receipts) When we put in the engine we installed new belts, hoses, and all the usuals with such a job. This past month I installed new Terrafirma shocks all around, had a new stainless exhaust made, and installed new front brake pads. As and experiment we eliminated the rear muffler from the exhaust. The truck has quite a throaty sound now, not too loud, but not silent either. I’d be happy to discuss adding the rear muffler as part of the sale. Just passed Maine State Inspection this Month.

I purchased the truck about three years ago after a five year search for a Classic. I bought the truck from a gentleman in stationed at Quantico, VA, (He brought the truck out from California), so it has had very little exposure to North East winters. The body and undercarriage are very clean.

The truck was repainted in Clear Water Blue sometime ago, likely when it was in California. It was originally Beluga Black. It’s a very well done color change, but it of course has a few scratches here and there from use. The doors jambs were all painted, but under the hood is still black.

I’ve been using the truck daily and it is an absolute pleasure to drive. Drives tight, shifts well, and so on. Although not perfect, it’s far nicer than most you see around here. Cruises comfortably at highway speed and around town. Goodyear Dura Trac tires are just two years old with lots of tread left. I removed the fog lights this summer when a rock cracked one of the lenses. I still have them to go with the truck, along with some other parts including a few mann oil filters, various belts and gaskets, a factory brush guard, and a few other goodies. The somewhat rare factory rack is in great condition.

The interior is very nice with the exception of some wear on the driver side seat bottom and cracking on the interior door pulls in the arm rest. Headliner is very nice and appears to have been redone at some point. Passenger and rear seats are in great condition. All windows and the sunroof work well. The power locks all work, however the driver door actuator can be temperamental at times. It's a Rover, and of course it has some Rover quirks. As I mentioned before, I've been driving the truck daily, so the engine could use a good detailing if you're into that sort of thing.

Other issues include an ABS light that just came on which I'm working to diagnose. There is what feels to be a bit of slack in the transfer case chain, which is only really apparent after a long highway drive. It come across as a faint clunk heard when quickly lifting off the accelerator. The driver side heated seat does not work, but the power adjustments for both seats work great. The power steering box has been looking a bit oily lately, but I have yet to see a change in fluid level, so if it's leaking it's very slow.

This has been a fantastic truck and I will be very sad to see it go, but it is time for the next project.

I’m asking $8000, but feel free to make an offer. The worst I can say is no thanks. The truck is located in South Portland, Maine.

I have lots more photos available upon request. (The truck is a bit dirty in the photos, but you'll get the idea.) Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by Rusty77; 04-23-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Sold!

Still for sale? I'm new to this forum, suspect it's sold long time ago.
    Kevin in Minneapolis. Thanks.

kevin @ dokdoc . com