Thread: Scrap yards

Default Scrap yards

I was wondering if anyone knows of any scrap yards in CT/MA/NY/PA/NJ that have series Landrovers in their yards?? I am after a few odd bits which I can't get hold of, so am wondering if I can find and salvage them!
    Last edited by tristanaldrich; 05-09-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Tristan Aldrich
    SPY 1965 IIA truck cab
    Dozy 1965 IIA rag top
    1963 IIA forward control

P.m. Sent

My experience with scrapyards in CT is that they don't know what they have when it comes to a Rover. One place I called said, "oh I have something here, it's not a Jeep" might want to send them a picture of a series rover to help,,,,

riverrover152@gmail.com
    Contact the above email address for Jon Detwiler, located in Norwell Ma.
    Tons of Series Rovers for parts

Great thanks loads

Tristan Aldrich
    SPY 1965 IIA truck cab
    Dozy 1965 IIA rag top
    1963 IIA forward control

I work at a scrap yard in NY, I've never in the past 8 years seen a series/defender come in. I saw 1 running yet extremely rotted FJ40 come in. I work at a scrap yard though, which differs from a junk yard. I did one day see in one of the metal piles see a series rear crossmember. Occasionally we get an old CJ in, but in the northeast most stuff that comes in is 12-20 years old, not really a ton of outliers either way.