Thread: Zenith Carb Woes

Default Zenith Carb Woes

Ok, my 68 Landy 88 has been running great. I put a new zenith carburetor on just 50 miles ago. Has been working well until this morning. Started up and then died soon after. I found out that fuel is bubbling into the carb throttle area on its own even when not cranking. So I believe it is flooding. Keeps doing it too. Is this a stuck float valve? I am not familiar with these aftermarket carbs, but after two of these carbs with problems in both, I am beginning to wonder if they are junk or I just have bad luck. Any thoughts on what to check?
    Thanks in advance. Jim
    Jim Henningsen
    Ocala, FL
    68 Series IIA 88

A pretty popular gripe, I understand:

http://gunsandrovers.com/showthread.php?t=6824
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

I am sure you have corrected this in the last year. My experience with Zenith was similar. I pulled the carb apart and adjusted the floats to reduce the amount of fuel in the bowl. It seems to be working after two days of driving.