Thread: Cable for heater control valve Ser III

Default Cable for heater control valve Ser III

Now that summer is here I thought I would take a stab at fixing the heater in my '72 Ser III LHD. I need to install a new cable from the heater temperature control valve on the front of the engine to the control on the left side of the dashboard. Can anyone tell me where the cable feeds through the bulkhead - my cable was removed a couple of years ago and I forgot to take a picture of the routing. If possible a picture would be great.

Also can anyone advise on where I could buy a new cable and what the part number is.

Thanks
    Mike

I don't remember the cable routing, but I used a generic lawn mower throttle cable from the hardware store. It cost about $9 and it had the proper cable ends. I packed the cable with moly grease prior to installation, to preclude any further rust problems. I later used one for the heater outlet doors.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Thanks. I'll check with my local hw store tomorrow. I found the old cable and from a picture in a magazine saw that the cable went through the bulkhead using the same opening as the steering column. I'd like to get a cable a few inches longer than original as there was very little room to play with routing.