Thread: Chassis & Engine Numbers

Default Chassis & Engine Numbers

Hi I have a 1966 Sreies 2a, I wanted to know I my Land Rover had the correct components, so I sent off to the British Heritage Trust and they didn't come back with much but the color and where it was sold to. but are the engine and transmission numbers supposed to be the same? Here's what I have:

1966 Sreies 2a
    244-27248C :Chassis
    252-57233H :Engine
    252-87931D :transmission

No... they will not have matching numbers.
    However, you can use the attached "Timeline" to determine if you have an appropriate suffix component for your date of MFG.

Just out of curiosity... did the Heritage Center give you a date of manufacture? My chassis # is 24425479C... so, just ~2,000 earlier than your's.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by darbsclt View Post
    No... they will not have matching numbers.
    However, you can use the attached "Timeline" to determine if you have an appropriate suffix component for your date of MFG.

Just out of curiosity... did the Heritage Center give you a date of manufacture? My chassis # is 24425479C... so, just ~2,000 earlier than your's.

Cheers!
    Yes my build date was 2/May/1966 and the dispatch date was 26/May/1966. Here is a photo of it:

Super... thanks...

Based on your information (cross referenced with THIS info on the LRFAQ web site) I'm guessing that my '66 was really built in October '65 - 'tho she might have been first registered in the US in '66.

In any case, I hope to visit the Heritage Motor Center this summer and see the records first hand.

ps. you might consider sending your info into the folks at LRFAQ. Their records for 1965 - 1967 seem to be a little sparse.

Cheers!

Ok thanks for the info, and have fun in England . Yes I do need to send a copy to LRFAQ