Thread: Taillight captive nut for L692/691

Default Taillight captive nut for L692/691

Hi,

does anyone one have a source for the small captive nut into which the lens screws go? I looked her on the RN catalog, and tried Moss but no joy.

This is the square nut shown going though the chrome base / lamp holder in the pic below:

I don't, but I think if I couldn't source one, I'd just see if I could use a plastic one from my local non-big-box hardware store if the hole is square all the way through. I'd probably try a rivnut if the hole goes from square to round (I don't have these type of lights, so I can't paint myself a mental picture of the arrangement).
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Thanks Mark. The nut has a flange on the back that holds it in place. It is pushed through the chrome base from the back.

I might be able to use a plastic #6 nut and file it down to shape. Thanks for the idea.

Try jollyrogersmotors.com

Email or call them. They can get you some.
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)