Thread: Rover Adventure

Default Rover Adventure

Today at a stop light, there was a dump truck in front of me. When the light changed...now get this...I pulled into the left lane, still in 1st. I was so excited to be heading for the left lane I forgot to signal, but no one noticed. As I finished double clutching into second I floored it. Probably going about 900 mph by the sound of it. Slipped it into third. The sweat was pouring off my brow. Floored it again. Mach 2. I looked over and I was EVEN with the dump truck. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I race clutched into 4th. I was pulling ahead so I started looking to see if any cops were around. All clear.

My foot was in the carburetor. The truck was shaking like never before. And then it happened. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the dump truck. I had passed him!!! I thought I better slow down because at this speed I was sure to get a ticket. Then I noticed I was only going 20 mph and the dump truck had slowed to turn into a construction site. But I tell you. I don't mind saying it but I puffed my chest out a bit in pride, for I was in the left lane. THE left lane. Then a one eyed guy in a monkey suit on unicycle passed me in the right lane.

Kind of ruined my day.
    --David

1959 TR3
    1970 Series IIa 88" ("Homer")

My hovercraft is full of eels.

You're right, it can be quite thrilling to overtake agricultural machinery, construction equipment and vehicles that aren't powered by internal combustion engines, such as bicycles, skateboards and the Amish.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

As a one eyed guy in a monkey suit who is learning to ride the unicycle I take umbrage in thinking that another one eyed guy in a monkey suit riding a unicycle would do an illegal pass in the right hand lane. However . . . if that blinker had been on . . .
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2