Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side running lights

Default Side running lights

My truck has rectangular side running lights on the front and rear fenders...er...wings. The rubber holding the lens is so brittle if I pried off the lens to change the bulb it would disintegrate. Anyone have a source for replacement lights? Thanks.
    --David

1959 TR3
    1970 Series IIa 88" ("Homer")

My hovercraft is full of eels.

They were used on Spits, GT6's, Morgans and Lotus Europas.

Moss motors had them listed. diagram # 135 on page, $14.95 http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewP...7&SortOrder=90 or search for part # under all british cars 282-260 then browse on that page.
    1969 Series IIA 88
    LHD SW 2.25 petrol
    fairey overdrive

Slowmo, I grew up in washoe valley, cousins lived at north shore tahoe. Went to Wooster hi when it was new. Learned to drive the scoutmasters 2 rovers. Went to Brown elementary school at junction of mt rose hiway and 395. We got our mail at a PO box at Steamboat Springs there. Never got a rover when I was a kid, finally retired and now am working on mine as second childhood.
    1969 Series IIA 88
    LHD SW 2.25 petrol
    fairey overdrive

Excellent! We moved here in 1988. The Mt Rose highway was two lanes. It still is starting at the old ski shop. That's where I become a beloved traffic impedance and honking target when driving the Rover.

Thanks for the link. That looks like the ticket, and I have a couple of parts to order for the TR3. I can't believe how much they want for the entire light assembly. Crazy.
    --David

1959 TR3

Hint, make sure you get the correct ones from Moss, some are angled (Spit, GT6, etc.), ours are straight.

Also, if you pay the big $ for complete new ones, the "chrome" frames are plastic.... Had a testy email exchange w/ Moss on that one as I thought that difference from original should have been indicated..maybe they do now.
    Last edited by pitchrollyaw; 08-21-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: if only i could splel...spell
    '72 Series III 88 "Greenie"
    '85 90 2.5NA "Stinky"

44 Pounds, yikes

Oh, and the Reno/Tahoe area is awesome. Almost ready for the annual Guys Trip for a few days hiking around Lassen and the Lakes Basin then offsetting all that fitness w/ Race Weekend in Reno...
    '72 Series III 88 "Greenie"
    '85 90 2.5NA "Stinky"

Lucky to live here. I'm a pilot as well.
    --David

1959 TR3