Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The thread of the hood-mounted spare-tire mounting bolts?

The thread for the "special bolt" changed in '58 and a different bolt was used. Unless the spare support plate is from a Series One, it should be the 1/2" BSF 16.

I use a breaker bar, extension and socket instead of a regular lug nut wrench. I also switched to a tire hold down from a Defender to get rid of the Series type clamps. When I upgraded to Wolf wheels the bolts for a Series wheel too short so I purchased threaded rod and loctited stainless steel acorn nuts to the rod and made my own hold down bolts. I did have to purchase the correct size socket too. I keep both sockets and an extension in my cubby box. I think I sold the bolts and clamps for the Series wheel for more than what I paid for the other parts that I had to buy.
    Jim

After I went from 15 inch rims to my 16 inch rims, the bolts holding the tire on the bonnet were to short. My Land Rover is 1967 Station Wagon, made for the US market.

Here is the correct size and where I got them. Very High price due to shipping cost.

Seller info
    Garton Ltd
    sales@thomassmithfasteners.com
    Your purchase
    2 1/2 BSF x 4 Hexagon Bolts Grade 'R' Self Colour - Single£31.92 GBP
    Shipping£0.00 GBP
    Tax£0.00 GBP
    Purchase total£31.92 GBP
    Fee£0.00 GBP
    Total£31.92 GBP
    See details on classic site

Be sure order "fine", not course threads!!!

Not sure if RN had these in stock.

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler