Thread: GBR Greasable Poly bushings

Thumbs up GBR Greasable Poly bushings

Hi All
    Just a question on greasable poly bushings from GBR for a Series 11A 88 or 109. How do they hold up. There is a thread from around 2010 so some info on life span would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by woza View Post
    Hi All
    Just a question on greasable poly bushings from GBR for a Series 11A 88 or 109. How do they hold up. There is a thread from around 2010 so some info on life span would be interesting.
    My first set lasted about 3 years however if you get them make sure GBR has fine thread shackle bolts. Mine were coarse thread which meant that you had to drill out the threads in the shackles. I refused to do that when I replaced my standard shackles with military shackles so now all my shackle bolts are non-greasable but the 4 bolts that hold the front of the springs to the frame are greaseable because it doesn't make any difference. I did break one of the grease fittings off and ended up drilling and tapping the bolt head to put in a new one as the original fittings were not simply screwed in. I need to replace all my springs so I plan on seeing if GBR has fine thread bolts and buy the 8 that I need at that time.
    Jim

Hey Jim-Me awesome thanks for that info. I will give Bill at GBR a call to see if he has the fine thread kits in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by woza View Post
    Hi All
    I've had a set under my Dormie for, humm, probably going on about 9 years now. They have held up very well. Everytime I do an oil change or pressure wash the underside of my truck I get out the greese gun and grease everything under the truck, including the bushings. Mine are fine thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polybushings.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	11395

Name:	polybushEnd.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	11396

Name:	polybushTube.jpg