Thread: Fuel line, hard or soft?

Default Fuel line, hard or soft?

I'm tracing a diesel leak (yellow) in my newly acquired SIII.
    Can someone tell me if this line (in RED) should be a hardline with a banjo fitting or if the soft hose that's installed is correct.

TIA, cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The 'pipe' outlined in red looks correct to me but what's circled in yellow suggests that there's a crimp in the nylon hose, which may B affecting its operation adversely. U might B able to "remove" the crimp by taking the hose off and heating it up VERY gently with a heat gun or hair dryer, being supercareful not to get it too hot (!!!) When U straighten it U could "reshape" it GENTLY with a pair of pliers and 2 half sections of slightly-larger steel tubing that acts as a jig, removing the pressure on them once everything's cooled. This part of the hose will probably be vulnerable to crimping again; if I were making the [hack] 'repair' I would lockwire the 'jigs' in place to act as a long-term splint. Lots of medical terms there; I used 2 work in the O.R. Now I keep old Land-Rovers alive for a living. In my own O.R.

Quote Originally Posted by charles1943 View Post
    The 'pipe' outlined in red looks correct to me but what's circled in yellow suggests that there's a crimp in the nylon hose, … In my own O.R.
    Thanks For the reply Doc!
    Had a chance to look at it a bit more.
    As soon as I touched that line it popped off. What looks like a kink is a tear.
    Looking at the diagram for it, both a soft line and hard line fittings are shown.

I’ll buy a length of 3/16” fuel line and see what happens.