Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday FUN! Original Bill of Sale- 1973 Series III

What is an "External Electric Power Unit"? $55

I can't find anything on the power unit. Been searching for a while now. I'm hoping someone knows because not finding any info on it is starting to aggravate me. LOL.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    I can't find anything on the power unit. Been searching for a while now. I'm hoping someone knows because not finding any info on it is starting to aggravate me. LOL.

Colin
    Any chance its a winch or a light?

Maybe its a FIAT thing that the dealership would sell.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Theres a set of Hella lights on the Green Weenie. Maybe thats it?

That could be it. The price sounds about right, too.

Colin

Great to have the original sales paperwork! I bought my brand-new 1972 Series III 88 in Spring 1973 in Milford, NH. It had no special options added. The colors were limestone over sage. I had originally agreed to buy a new limestone over Marine Blue for $4600, but it had been sold the day before, so the salesman sold me the green one for $4500.00. I drove it for 14 years, including a move to Utah on the freeway (at 55 MPH since it was still new!). I finally sold it in 1987 because a car seat wouldn't fit in it! And I got $2800 for it - $1700 for 14 years of use!

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeSt View Post
    Great to have the original sales paperwork! I bought my brand-new 1972 Series III 88 in Spring 1973 in Milford, NH. It had no special options added. The colors were limestone over sage. I had originally agreed to buy a new limestone over Marine Blue for $4600, but it had been sold the day before, so the salesman sold me the green one for $4500.00. I drove it for 14 years, including a move to Utah on the freeway (at 55 MPH since it was still new!). I finally sold it in 1987 because a car seat wouldn't fit in it! And I got $2800 for it - $1700 for 14 years of use!
    That's just awesome. I'm jealous of you guys that were around to buy these trucks brand new off the showroom floor. I want that experience. Someone needs to build a time machine.

Colin

--David

1959 TR3
    1970 Series IIa 88" ("Homer")

My hovercraft is full of eels.