Thread: Replacing Under Seat Tool box LHD 88- remove sill plate?

Default Replacing Under Seat Tool box LHD 88- remove sill plate?

I am just aboutbready to try and replace the rusted out under seat tool box in My RoVah. Instead of attempting to pull the entire seat tray, is it possible to just pull out the sill cover, sill and slide it out that way? Id like to keep the un necessary work to a minimum if possibe.thanks

I haven't ever tried to remove mine mind you but looking at the vehicle but it looks like it might be possible. Considering you will have to drill out all of the rivets anyway, the only cost in effort would be removing the sill components. I would think refitting might be a good deal more difficult that way though. Depending on the damage, I would likely be inclined to try and cut out the floor of the toolbox and weld or rivet in a new one as she sits.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstp View Post
    I haven't ever tried to remove mine mind you but looking at the vehicle but it looks like it might be possible. Considering you will have to drill out all of the rivets anyway, the only cost in effort would be removing the sill components. I would think refitting might be a good deal more difficult that way though. Depending on the damage, I would likely be inclined to try and cut out the floor of the toolbox and weld or rivet in a new one as she sits.
    It seems that access and ease of movement might be enhanced by removing the entire seat box.