Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What's this for? (wheel brace for jack)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default What's this for? (wheel brace for jack)

    II found this on ebay advertised as "LANDROVER DISCOVERY MK1 SCREW BOTTLE JACK C/W HANDLE AND WHEELBRACE" - what is the wheelbrace for?
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mountains of Western Pennsy.


    A wheel brace is what we Americans call a lug wrench, for taking off lug nuts. This setup looks in good shape, but what it's for I have no idea. Looks like the kit I have in my old Ford van. I've never seen anything like this in a Discovery of any vintage, they all use hydraulic bottle jacks and a "Brace" that doesn't also have a hub cap remover and folds up...

    '99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
About us
Unparalleled product knowledge. Our mission is to support all original Land Rover models no longer supported by your local Land Rover franchise. We offer the entire range of Land Rover Genuine Parts direct from Land Rover UK, as well as publish North America's largest Land Rover publication, Rovers Magazine.
Join us