Over the summer I had a coolant leak which has been fixed but the engine did overheat a few times.( My wife uses the vehicle as an everyday driver and loves driving it, but neglects to check any oils or coolant.) We started having coolant loss even after fixing the leak and the engine would periodically overheat, but not all the time. Its probably worth mentioning that shortly after we bought the Landy it started misfiring. I changed the plugs and leads, but she still misfires slightly during warm-up. We've gotten to the pont to where its not drivable. Its obvious the head gaskets leak. I can see that exhaust gasses are leaking into the coolant system.

I'm preparing to do a gasket job and was wondering if there is anybody out there who can help me on what to expect. Are the heads more than likely cracked due to overheating?
Should I just go ahead and buy replacement heads from Roverland Parts.Would I be better off going this route or should I have my heads checked first. Are there any good all in one kits out there that anybody knows. I know that to do the job right you need to replace all the head bolts. Then there's the question of did the bolts get stretched in turn messing up the threads.

Can anybody help get this job done, the right way,the first time?