Thread: Galvanizing (again) in or near North Carolina

Default Galvanizing (again) in or near North Carolina

I've searched and it seems there isn't a relatively recent thread on where I could get the galvanized parts for my Series 3 redone in central North Carolina (raleigh/Chapel Hill) area.

I called the folks at South Atlantic in Graham, NC, and they were unsure based in the thickness of the material that it might cause warping as their process is around 8-900 degrees F. I could have just talked to the wrong sales guy, but who knows. Flying Circus in Durham noted they have used them before, but it has been a long time ago.

If anyone has a lead on somewhere within a few hour drive or where I can ship the galvanized trim/windshield frame for my truck to be redipped, that would be great. I'm going to put the truck in my hangar this weekend and start drilling rivets....
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub

While it might be too far outside your desired range... There's a place in Charlotte I had good results with several years ago.

I seem to recall they charged by the "dip." If everything is prepped (free of paint, small pieces wired together, etc.) you could probably get all bits (except for the chassis) done in one dip. Cost back then was $250/dip.

PM me if interested & I'll try to dig out the info.

Cheers,

Charlie

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).