Thread: Front directional signal fasteners

Default Front directional signal fasteners

I need to change the bulb on one of my front directional signals. It looks like I need to crawl inside the wing and remove some very tiny, very rusty nuts. I don't have a tool that small. Before I go shopping, does anyone know what size nuts they are or whether there is a better tool than a regular crescent wrench?

CORRECTION--IT'S THE PARKING LIGHT, NOT THE DIRECTIONAL
    Last edited by IIA; 05-01-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Correction
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

Do you still have the 4" amber lenses? If so, you just undo the three screws that attach the lens - they are threaded into the base.

I don't believe there are any lamps that require removal of any backside hardware to change the bulb. To change the assembly base, sure. But not the bulbs.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    I don't believe there are any lamps that require removal of any backside hardware to change the bulb. To change the assembly base, sure. But not the bulbs.
    Right, just take out the Phillips head screws holding the lens on.

My right front parking light bulb holder wouldn't hold bulbs securely anymore, and I did have to replace the assembly. As I recall the little nuts were 1/4", and all unscrewed just fine. The tough job was undoing the metal straps that secured the harness to the back of the headlamp and inner fender to unplug the connectors under the hood prop, then put it all back together again. What a pain.

Default Parking lamp

Sorry - my mistake and faulty memory - it's the parking light, not the directional. There aren't any screws on the front that I can see.
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

Copied from Guns and Rovers forum:

The chrome ring and glass is held on by the rubber seal. Use some WD40 and a small flat screwdriver to pry it out and hope it doesn't tear.

Colin

Thanks. That did it. Since it wasn't as obvious as I thought and because I can't change the subject line for this thread, I'm starting a new one to make it easier for people to find in the future.
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

Glad it worked out for you. Nice write up, too. Thanks for sharing.

Colin