Thread: Dual Circuit Conversion

Default Dual Circuit Conversion

I am the new owner of a RHD, 1967 Series IIA. I would like to do two things with the brakes;

1. Convert the brake system to a dual circuit
    2. Add front disk brakes.

I would like to avoid having to cut the top of the wing and I do not want to convert to late 2A/III wings; I am okay with cutting the inter wing.
    I have read Terri Ann's site but I still have some questions.

1. Does the Series Servo 6" require cutting the top of the wing?

2. Does the SantanaServo 8" require cutting the top of the wing?

3. Where can I find a Series III brake pedal box?

Quote Originally Posted by bowvmi2001 View Post
    I am the new owner of a RHD, 1967 Series IIA. I would like to do two things with the brakes;

1. Convert the brake system to a dual circuit
    2. Add front disk brakes.

I would like to avoid having to cut the top of the wing and I do not want to convert to late 2A/III wings; I am okay with cutting the inter wing.
    I have read Terri Ann's site but I still have some questions.

1. Does the Series Servo 6" require cutting the top of the wing?

2. Does the SantanaServo 8" require cutting the top of the wing?

3. Where can I find a Series III brake pedal box?
    Our gracious hosts might have a pedal box on the discount area of the web page,

You've probably resolved this by now. But for anyone stumbling onto this thread post 2021, here is some info. I am in the middle of this same conversion on my 1973 Series 3 (single line drums to dual line, vacuum power Assisted discs).

Pangolin4x4 sells a Servo pedal tower that they fabricate. Its about $300 and pretty well made. Comes with the pedal already pressed in, UNF nuts welded in. You still need the springs, pedal rubber and some odds and ends, but it beats trying to find one in a junk yard. Comes bare steel, you need to paint it(or not).

Hope this helps others.

I have a complete dual circuit set up that came with my project which i dont intend to use...im staying with the single line system with the old girling res. Have pedal box, servo, cylinder..not sure of condition of servo and cylinder but pedal box is in good shape and been blasted...if you can use em

heres a picName:  brake.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  76.0 KB

didnt realize this was an old post but if someone can use it its free just pay the shipping..my project came with lots of extra parts i dont intend to use. thx

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by redagain View Post
    didnt realize this was an old post but if someone can use it its free just pay the shipping..my project came with lots of extra parts i dont intend to use. thx
    I'd be interested in some stuff, if you have it:
    1) The square plate on top of the brake tower, part #582564 in the Parts catalog(if that helps identify it).
    2) The little spring that goes under it, #592567
    3) Pedal return spring sleeves #nrc7869
    4) Bracket for (P)ressure (D)rop (W)arning (L)ight valve sometimes called "Shuttle" valve (4 or 5 way), #nrc4059, or #nrc4286 or #nrc7409.

PM me if you have any if those, or know where to get them. Thanks to anyone in advance

Quote Originally Posted by redagain View Post
    I have a complete dual circuit set up that came with my project which i dont intend to use...im staying with the single line system with the old girling res. Have pedal box, servo, cylinder..not sure of condition of servo and cylinder but pedal box is in good shape and been blasted...if you can use em
    I'm actually on the hunt for this now. I'll gladly pay you for it. PM coming.

PM sent riding donkeys...your welcome to it..just pay shipping..if i have to buy a box or something..dont want anything for it..gladly pass it along