Thread: 1994 Range Rover Classic LWB Assessment

Default 1994 Range Rover Classic LWB Assessment

Hi folks, I currently own a '68 IIA. I am considering adding a RRC to my collection. This RRC LWB is for sale near me:
    https://nas-row.com/index.php?thread...nooga-tn.3430/
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2799401641503/

Known issues:
    A/C compressor is not hooked up
    ABS issues (owner has replacement ABS ECU)
    Power seats don't work
    Owner says he has noticed some trans slipping on long highway trips

Unkown:
    I assume the cut bundle of hoses and disconnected wiring connector in the picture under the truck is from the old EAS that has been removed. Is this correct?
    Don't know if the viscous coupling is seized. I plan to check, if I go look at it.
    What are other common issues I should check for?

The questions I'm looking to answer are: 1) What do you think a fair price is? I think the asking price of $8.5K is too high. I'm thinking $5K range is about fair for this condition. 2) Are any of the known issues deal breakers? I know power seat ECUs can be had for about $500. Not sure what it will take to fix the ABS. Having a replacement ECU sounds like a good start, but I'm not sure if that will fix the issue. I have no idea on the A/C. I'm guessing that will be at least $2K to get going and is probably out of my wheelhouse to do myself. The trans issues doesn't scare me too much.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.
    '68 Series IIA SWB - 2.25L Petrol

Other than the usual engine and electrical checks, rust is the biggest thing to address. Check the chassis drops next to the cats and at the rear frame rails. The tailgate top and bottom. The bottoms of the doors and of course the whole floor pan (you can't trust someone else's opinion). And yes that bundle of stuff is the EAS connections that can be removed later to clean things up. The ABS could be as simple as a wheel sensor or shuttle valve. The transmission might just need a fluid and filter change. Oh, and be sure the radiator isn't full of scale. As for the air conditioner, I have no idea where to start. A fair price for the seller would be the most he could get, and for the buyer the least he could pay.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S (Gone...)

Trans scares me also...
    93 D110 NAS 327
    94 2x D90 NAS #'s 1076, 1181
    95 3x RRC 2-SWB, 1-LWB