Thread: Red emblems front/rear on 1960's Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Red emblems front/rear on 1960's Series

I've seen a few 1960's Series std hardtops and also a SWG with red background color emblems (not usual black). Meaning the words "Land Rover" / "Land Rover Station Wagon" are unpainted as normal, but emblem background is red. They've been in the typical front/rear locations and looked very original, seemingly not painted by an owner.

Anyone know what the red emblems indicate, if anything, as opposed to the usual black ones?

this is a great question. I do believe I have seen one of these but it's been years. Could it be a Santana model?

I recently heard a restoration/service shop in Northern CA (name unknown) used to or still does paint them red. Not sure if that's the answer but could make sense since the ones I know of are mostly on the West Coast. Would still love to know more about these red emblems, if you have any knowledge.

Very first Series one 80" Land Rovers in 1948 had red background , I have not seen any other color than black for production on anything later, but you never know if anything special was made