Greetings to all;
I can and will provide a bit more background in time; but currently, I have a more pressing issue than the need for introductions.

I’ve got a '64 88 that I have had since '95

.... long story.....

…skip to present.

I have rebuilt the engine, and recently threw it back in the truck and it started right up;

after I ...
replaced the transmission mounts,
replaced points, condenser, & coil,
rebuilt the carburetor,
replaced starter motor,
fitted a new fuel tank,
slapped on new fuel pump,
and installed a new cup holder for the cubby box…….

Then it started right up.

After the engine ran for a bit notice engine oil dripping (pouring) out of the bell housing.
A little duct tape covered the drain hole in the bell housing, so that worked for a bit
but there seems to be a consensus among those involved that the rear main seal was not installed correctly.

Only the second Rover engine I've rebuilt, so I might entertain the possibility.
All 4 of the round thingys go up and down in the big metal thingy really good, so overall I feel I’m okay.

I have a day coming up that I can pull it and flip it over and replace the rear main, then carefully put the engine back in this time and then drive away (hoping).

I've read the manual, so I know the basics on the installation.
BUT since obviously I don't have a firm grasp on that procedure; any help, tips, tricks would be graciously appreciated.

The truck has been down for 7 years, so I’m getting excited about being this close.

Thanks in advance;
Rick

A shot of Babe from her better days.

Name:  babe.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  188.0 KB